The First International CPersia Photography Award (Persian Carpet, World Heritage)
The influence of rituals and traditions can be always traced in every part of a society and culture. Turning to the arts in a society is one of the great ways to understand the culture. Handicrafts are considered important artworks that carry the history of the ethnicity they come from. Hand-knotted carpets are among the most crucial cultural and artistic symbols of Iranian culture and are held as the cultural-artistic manifestation of Iran.
It is unfortunate that this art has not been much appreciated throughout past years and its mysteries have been left hidden to today’s generation. In this regard, CPersia has decided to hold the first international hand-knotted carpet photography award aiming to preserve and represent the hidden national identity in Iranian carpets. The lens of fine-art photographers is a great medium to further exhibit this beautiful traditional Iranian art.
Call for Artists
All artists interested in carpet photography can participate in this competition.
Artists can submit no more than three works.
Completing competition participation form is required.
The works should be submitted in good quality (minimum size for each work is 2 MB).
The selected artists will be required to send the original file of the photos.
By submitting works to the competition, artists accept that the organizers are allowed to share the works in different platforms.
The selected works will be posted on the official CPersia Instagram page and the winners will be chosen by popular vote.
First place: 2.5 Ethereum Classic or 50 million Iranian Rials and competition certificate of appreciation
Second and Third place: competition certificate of appreciation
- Calling attention to national identity in Iranian hand-knotted carpets
- Promoting the art of hand-knotting carpets
- Introducing ancient Persian culture and art
- Encouraging photography enthusiasts during the Covid-19 pandemic
- Discovering and introducing potential talents in photography
- Open call for artists: Sept. 21, 2021
- Submission deadline: Nov. 21, 2021
- Announcement of accepted works: Nov. 27, 2021
- Festival days and audience vote: Nov. 28 and 29, 2021
- Announcement of the winner by popular vote: Nov. 30, 2021 (the day of this year’s Azargan Festival)
Artists can submit their works and information through the website or the WhatsApp number at the bottom of this call.
Whatsapp and Telegram: +98 938 867 5767
Phone Number: +98 21 44005650
Secretariat of the First International CPersia Photography Award